Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reading Level

I stumbled across this reading level test on The Well Trained Mind Forum and decided to put Flossy through her paces. It is similar to one we used some time ago, but I can't find a link for it, or the results. From memory she was about US 4th Grade and I think it was around her 5th birthday, July 2009.

I registered her as being in the 3rd month of US Kindergarten which is the Aussie Pre-Primary equivalent.

Her True Reading Level is 6.7. That means that she reads as well as a child in the 7th month of US 6th Grade. She is reading 6.4 grade levels ahead!!

I can see where she has room for improvement. Most of the words she got wrong she had never read or heard before, so building her vocabulary will assist. She is also impatient so rather than analyse the word and use syllables to help pronounce the answer she was guessing. We can work on that too :-)

I am one happy Mum!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber,

    I am really impressed with your daughters reading progress. Well done Flossy, you should be proud of your self sweetie :-)

    Can you give some advice about how you managed to make such amazing progress with her, would really love to hear it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...