Friday, June 8, 2012

Gearing up for the London Olympics

Are you planning anything special for your homeschool over the London Olympic Games?  We are!  I've been scouting around and here are the resources that i have found.  I'm sure we won't use all of this but I thought i'd share :)

Homeschool share printables including suggested book list

RIC Australian Olympic Team in London Teacher resource book

Australia Post Letter Link

Australia Post Primary Curriculum Support relating to the  Olympics

Scholastic 'Go for Gold'

Books i have to use are -

G is for Gold

Hour of the Olympics

Ancient Greece and the Olympics

You Wouldn't Want to be a Greek Athlete

Usborne The Story of the Olympics

The Story of the Olympics

Pop-Up London

The 2012 London Olympics

London 2012 Games Activity Book

I don't have any specific plans yet except watching lots of the games and enjoying the literature to go along with it.  I'm sure we will pick and choose through lots of the other materials.


1 comment:

  1. You may not be in a groove, but thinking about this is a step I have yet to get to! Thanks for posting it all here so I can cadge off you:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...